A vision of economic development in small towns
Trail Towns is a nationally recognized program that helps communities take advantage of the economic opportunities that a nearby trail may bring to your town. You can access the Trail Town Guide at here.
The Rail-Trail Council is working with Forest City Borough, the school district, the business alliance, the historical society and interested citizens to make Forest City our first Trail Town on the D&H Rail-Trail. a festival is planned for August 4, 2018, All-day activities will celebrate the mining and railroad history of Forest City and the Delaware & Hudson Rail-Trail. It is the 250th Anniversary of Anthracite Coal that will be celebrated across the coal regions of PA from the northern gateway, Forest City south to Pottsville and the many towns in-between.
- 8 AM The Coal Cracker Run — 2 miles and ¼ marathon from the Forest City Trailhead. REGISTER HERE
- 10 AM Bike rides on the D&H Rail-Trail, various mileages—on your own or guided! Bikes available to try (free of charge).
- 9 AM – 8PM Forest City Historical Society (corner of Main & Dundaff). Presentations, a period play, ethnic food sales, and music.
- 10 AM – 3 PM Scavenger Hunt — parents, kids and adventurous grown-ups, prizes
- 4 PM – 7 PM Main Street Music – DJ Donna Diva
- 9 PM Light parade – Main Street parade with a historical theme
- 10 PM Fireworks